Reporter 456, 9 October 2000
The University’s new careers centre has opened for business at 5-7 Cromer Terrace.
The careers service started out in 1920 as an appointments board, with just two administrators, and now has 21 permanent staff. It was based at University Road for 60 years, having moved from Blenheim Terrace in 1940.
The service has only had three directors since its inception, including current incumbent Dr Richard Siddall. The move to more spacious premises to cope with an increasing workload was celebrated at a lunch with guests from the Halifax, which provided generous sponsorship of equipment and furnishings for a new teaching space enabling the Careers Centre to deliver a greater range of education modules.
The Dales Suite, a redevelopment of the old coach house, is now a designated employer interviewing and testing space. This is to become a regional resource for major graduate recruiters.
[Main news stories | News in brief | Events | Notice board]
HTML by Karen Cooper